2283 Ogden St
$2,100,000MLS NUMBER:2510137 | Co-Lister:
Built in 1906 as the First Presbyterian Church and then renamed the New Hope Baptist Church in 1947, this property became the neighborhood center for the civil rights movement in the 1950’s and 1960’s. The Reverend M.C. Williams led the church from 1951-78 and was instrumental in the local movement. Coretta Scott King addressed the congregation as part of Women’s Week in March, 1958. Her husband, the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, partnered with Rev. Williams during a visit to Denver in 1964 to support the Civil Rights Act. Two months later, Dr. King was assassinated. New Hope relocated to Park Hill in 1993. In 2010, established developer Charles Nash re-envisioned the church as four residential units. He and architect Norman Cable created the four spaces of today’s Bell Tower condos; 2283 Ogden, encompassing the choir loft and rooftop deck with sweeping views of the city and mountains, was the jewel in the crown. The first owners purchased 2283 Ogden as a shell and began the transformation you see today. They traveled the world to find the right finishes and artifacts to blend eastern and western cultural influences, hand-selecting the reclaimed teak floors, Islamic arches, mosaic inlays, and more. Antique lighting found in an old New England church hangs above the dining area; the amazing stained-glass windows were reinforced on the exterior for protection. Every detail was thoughtfully considered and carefully curated. Furnishings are available for sale.